Dangerous products for Jack Russell

Dangerous products for Jack Russell

Let's list the dangerous products for your dog and the reasons why you should not give them.

Dangerous products for Jack Russell

Alcoholic beverage

It can cause intoxication, coma, and death.

Grapes and raisins

Contain an unknown toxin that is dangerous to the kidneys. 


May contain toxins that can affect various organ systems, cause shock, and as a result, death.

Baby food

May contain onion powder, which may be toxic to dogs. (Please find the bow in the list below.) Also, the result can be a lack of essential substances in the food of a dog, if the proportion of dietary items in feeding is big. 

Yeast dough

May increase in volume and release gases in the digestive tract, causing pain, and leading to rupture of the stomach or intestines. 

Fat meat trimmings 

May cause pancreatitis 

Moldy and spoiled food, garbage

It may contain a variety of toxins that cause vomiting and diarrhea, as well as affect the work of other organs. 

Potatoes, rhubarb, tomato leaves, potato and tomato stems

Contain oxalates that can affect the digestive, nervous and urinary systems. This is mostly a problem with cattle. 


It can suppress the nervous system, and cause vomiting and heart rate changes. 

Bones of fish, poultry, or other meat products

May cause blockage or rupture of the digestive tract. 

Peach and plum bones 

It can obstruct the intestinal tract. 

Cat food

As a rule, it contains too much protein and fat. 

Onions and garlic (raw, cooked, or in powder) 

It contains dimethyl sulfoxides and disulfides, which are dangerous for red blood cells and cause anemia. Cats are more sensitive than dogs. Garlic is less toxic than onions. 

Macadamia (nuts)

It contains an unknown toxin that affects the digestive tract, nervous system, and muscles. 

Milk and other dairy products 

Some adult dogs do not have enough lactase enzyme that breaks down the lactose contained in milk. This can lead to diarrhea. Lactose-free dairy products are not harmful to animals. 

Leftovers from the table (in large quantities) 

Leftovers from the table are not balanced food. They should not be more than 10% of the total amount of food. Meat should be freed from fat, bones should not be given in food. 

Liver in large quantities 

It can cause an overdose of vitamin A, which hurts muscles and bones. 

Sweet food

It can lead to obesity, dental problems, and possibly diabetes.


When used in large quantities can lead to an imbalance of electrolytes. 

Raw fish

It can cause a lack of thiamine (vitamin B), which leads to loss of appetite, seizures, and, in some cases, death. It usually occurs in the regular feeding of raw fish. 

Raw egg

Contain an enzyme called avidin, which reduces the absorption of Biotin (vitamin H). This can lead to skin and hair problems. Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella. 


It contains nicotine, which hurts the digestive and nervous systems. May result in increased heart rate, collapse, coma, and death. 


Unknown component leads to asphyxiation, increased heart rate, increased body temperature, seizures, and death. 


Seeds can cause intestinal blockage and enteritis. 

Human vitamin supplements containing iron

It can damage the lining of the gastrointestinal tract and have a toxic effect on other organs, including the liver and kidneys. 

Shoelaces, ropes, tights, stockings, socks

It can obstruct the digestive tract, the so-called "long foreign body". 

Chocolate, coffee, tea, and other caffeine-containing products

Contain caffeine, dimethylxanthine, or theophylline, which can be toxic and affect the cardiovascular and nervous systems. 

Citrus oil extracts

It May cause vomiting.