Is the Jack Russell Terrier breed right for you?
You have probably already become familiar with the breed Jack Russell Terrier in absentia or on the Internet, have realized that this breed with its pros and cons, which is not suitable for everyone, tempted by the appearance of the dog.
Now, before you decide to buy an expensive puppy, we recommend that you answer a few questions. This is so that you don't have to pay for a bad decision later on.
These are the questions:
- Do you understand that this breed has the special needs and character of a working terrier?
- Do you understand that the Jack Russell Terrier breed is primarily a hunting dog? (The digging, barking, mobility that make a Jack a great hunting dog is often explained in the family as bad behavior and results in owners giving up on the dog).
- Do you understand that a Jack Russell Terrier must have lots of active exercise, long walks, just like a larger dog?
- Did you know that dogs of this breed molt?
- Do you understand that the Jack Russell Terrier needs persistent and firm training and education?
- Do you understand that all behavior problems come from little activity, exercise, poor walking, from lack of attention?
- Do you understand that Jack won't tolerate abuse, even unintentional abuse, from a child (as you know, kids love to pick up the tail and pull the ears)?
- You understand that this breed is not suitable for people with a quiet and measured way of life, people who do not like surprises and variety?
If you answered YES
to all these questions, you are probably ready to meet your Jack Russell and have a new experience in your life!